20071002

They day the music died

The lead guitarist, Karl Messner, from my favorite band, ApologetiX, has left. Time to shuffle through all their songs on my MP3 player, reminiscing the good ol' days.

--------------8<--------8<------8<--------8<---------------- [...]
After 15 years and nearly 1000 concerts, I left the band four weeks ago to focus on my family, and I'm planning to pursue other interests. The guys have done a bang-up job playing the last 10 concerts without me, and I'm sure a whole great new chapter is opening for the band.

Bill Hubauer has taken over as lead guitarist and producer, and he's well suited for both roles. I've told J. many times over the years, "If I ever die or leave the band, get Bill Hubauer to replace me."
[...]
--------------8<--------8<------8<--------8<----------------
This too shall pass.